Get the Most Out of Your Strength Training
An all-inclusive Rowing Strength workshop for rowers
The group-based Rowing Strength Workshop for Athletic Performance & Injury Prevention is ready to be presented at your club or school! The workshop is targeted at strength training education, injury prevention and management & expert rowing-specific exercise programming. With a mix of theory and practical elements, this workshop is perfect for up-and-coming crews, or anyone looking to improve their rowing.
Building on the information provided in the Rowing Strength Handbook, the 3-hour workshop covers:
Strength & Conditioning
- The physiology behind strength training and the benefits it carries over to rowing & ergometer performance
- Energy systems used, and how to develop them
- The importance of periodisation
- A detailed 16-week strength program, including 7 separate sessions to work through
- Stretching progressions for typical problem areas
- Prehabilitation exercises to aid in preventing common injuries
- Education on how strength training can help prevent new or reoccurring injuries
- Myofascial Release (MFR) techniques using trigger balls, foam rollers and other recovery methods
- It’s not all theory! Come prepared to move – we’ll be covering the correct movement patterns of all the main strength lifts, stretches & more!
- Q&A – Get your chance to ask questions on all things strength, exercise physiology & rowing related to help educate and promote athlete development in our great sport.
The Rowing Strength Workshop can be of great benefit to rowers of all ages and abilities – from school-aged or masters rowers, to high performance athletes and everything in between.
The workshop is cost-effective, while allowing the athletes to gain knowledge that can have a long-lasting positive effect in increasing performance and boat speed, and decreasing
the chance of injuries.
- Each workshop has a minimum requirement of 8 people, and a maximum capacity of 20 people in order to make sure everyone gets the full benefits from the presentation.
- The cost of the workshop also includes a copy of the Rowing Strength Handbook.